This influence area is dynamic, since the origins and destinations of cargos may change from one year to another, according to the fluctuations of the national and international economy, as well as the quality of the services offered by the Port.

 In its influence area you can find an important group of producer and consumer centers, linked mainly to the oil industry (gas, crude oil and petrochemical products), as well as to the agro-industrial sector, which includes the states of Veracruz, Tabasco, Puebla, Estado de Mexico, Oaxaca, Campeche, Chiapas, Yucatan and Quintana Roo. It is important to mention that the influence areas, which represent 80% of the market, are the states of Veracruz, Oaxaca, Campeche, Tabasco and Chiapas, and the remaining 20% are made up by the states of Puebla, Tlaxcala, Estado de México, Mexico City, Quintana Roo and Yucatan.

The main products that make up the Port's cargo traffic are sulfur, molasses and chemical products (exports), agricultural bulk, fertilizers and chemical products (imports) and agricultural and mineral bulk (Cabotage input).

The oil and its derivatives as well as various chemicals handled at the Maritime Terminal Pajaritos should be noted as a very important component of the movements within the Port.

Although this terminal is located outside of the port premises, the port of Coatzacoalcos receives a significant income from the harbor dues of the shipments that berth at this terminal. It is worth mentioning that within the port premises, there are also installations in charge of PEMEX for the handling of the liquid sulfur.

The location of the port of Coatzacoalcos in the area of the Istmo de Tehuantepec, gives it a huge potential to establish itself not only at one end of the inter-oceanic corridor but also as a potential settlement for small and medium sized industries as well as different port businesses of international character.

About the Port



Institutional Video of Coatzacoalcos Harbor